Categories of hosting services
A hosting service appertains to depositing and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server handled by a website hosting vendor. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's examine these. In that way, you can elect what you want, based on whether you wish to launch a web site, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by certain file storage providers, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file storage plans are often supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain stretch of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely erroneous explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allocate the load between individual stacks of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a variety of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share an enormous amount of pictures with chums or partners since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to handling your e-mail addresses. Some suppliers offer web page hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to get a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will permit you to use as many videos as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to have a web site. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and email accounts, upload video files, etc. At 151HOSTING, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for particular content only.